Tuesday 28 July 2015

Chartership - a journey! 

This blog is really starting way too late - I am pulling the various threads of my CILIP Chartership Portfolio together, but I want to keep learning, and this Rudai 23 is a great way of doing it. Recently I've been finding myself wanting to share successes and frustrations, so decided it was probably better not to do this on the blog that's linked to my job! Not that they're about my job, but I'd rather not get them involved!

I am a school librarian, passionate about reading, literacy and learning, and I happen to live on a narrowboat, which explains the perhaps bizarre title to this blog!

A first blog... done! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, I'm very jealous of the narrow boat! I used to work for British Waterways in their marketing dept and since then I've really wanted one of my own. I also think a narrowboat library would be awesome.

    Anyway, just wanted to say hello, I'm a School librarian too and saw your link on SLN. I'm also doing Chartership - are you on the fb group?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really? That must have been really interesting. There's a few narrowboat book shops, and I've heard of old narrowboats that aren't water worthy being used as primary school libraries, but I haven't heard of one on the water. I love living on a boat, wouldn't change it for the world! I'm on the East of England mentors/mentee page, but not another one - I'll have to have a look!

    ReplyDelete